Re: [dxwg] Revisiting the definition of "profile" (#963)

From: aisaac via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2019 20:06:26 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
Some comments on @tombaker 's definition (thanks! I like it better indeed):
- I'd like really the "named" element of our earlier spec to be kept. It's essential to our view of profile
- I also like the ideas of "collection" of constraints, even though we could replace constraints by something else
- describing data is not prescriptive enough for me. I'd like more to keep "defines/constraints" in @kcoyle 's proposal above
- "that defines the content and structure of data used in a given context" is probably true for "data specification" as well, not just data profile
- in fact I don't understand well what "annotating" means
- some of the enumeration of what's contained in a profile from the earlier definition would really help. I think we didn't add these for no reason, at the time!

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/963#issuecomment-507825361 using your GitHub account