Re: [dxwg] Revisiting the definition of "profile" (#963)

From: aisaac via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2019 16:43:31 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
@tombaker this is better but I'm still hesitant - it depends on the final wording. I see the specification as something conceptual, a "hub" between representations/documents, so I'd prefer something that hints that a data specification *has* a family of representations, rather than *is* a family of representation (even though of course the representations are an essential part of the data specification). Similarly for your definition data profile, for me it's not about being human- or machine-readable, but rather about having human- or machine-readable representations (and btw I guess in Guidance we should say that there must be some human-readable representation, even partial, otherwise it's a strange spec...)

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/963#issuecomment-507756257 using your GitHub account