Re: [dxwg] Registration of target attribute "profile" for the Link-Header (#501)

From: Lars G. Svensson via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2019 14:17:26 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
@hvdsomp scripsit:
> Yes, I get that. I still feel that this attribute should be defined generically, not tied to this specific spec. Solidarity!

we're certainly on the same page when it comes to solidarity. And I don't see how defining the 'profile' attribute in the RFC restricts it to be used only within the scope of that specific spec.
The RFC is only specification document for the attribute. That does not tie the attribute to be used only in the context of profile-negotiation (i. e. `Accept-Profile` and `Content-Profile`). A similar case is `wdrs:isDefinedBy`: It's specified in POWDER but my gut feeling is that this property is mainly used outside of POWDER descriptions.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by larsgsvensson
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/501#issuecomment-507283969 using your GitHub account