Re: Outcome of profile definition discussion

Note:

This definition is obviously distinct from that of an encoding, hence
negotiation over profiles is distinct from negotiation over MIME-types.
There should be no confusion.

This covers requirements that the definition support general profiles data
may conform to, DCAT profiles (DCAT resources being data) and
content-negotiation using profile identifiers. It is expect that profile
negotiation will require identifiers to be IRIs, and DCAT guidance should
recommend this - and possibly DCAT can enforce this using an
owl:ObjectProperty to bind profiles to things.

DCAT profiles may be a further refinement of this more general definition,
for example requiring that constraints are expressed specifically against
RDF properties, and that IRIs identifying such profiles must resolve to a
particular form of resource - such as instances of a RDF model describing
the profile and any documents (PDF, SHACL) that describe the set of
constraints.