Re: high-level explanation of profile-based content negotiation

Apologies i missed the followup question in this thread.. about how deeply
nested profiles might be...

The answer i think is the order of 10...

For example imagine a citizen science project on invasive weed recording
being done by a school S.. the data profile it would need to specify would
be...

A school S project - being a sub profile of the Education districts data
puboication policy profile..

And also..

A local council invasive weeds dataset
And a state weeds program dataset
And a national biodiversity recording program dataset
And also a GBIF compliant datasource
And also a GEOSS dataset perhaps

And also an OGC observations and measurements compliant data structure
And a "discrete point coverage"

I.e. it is like a interface inheritance in an OO language.. and we should
expect the same sort of depths of hierarchy.

Rob Atkinson