RE: Question for DCAT "experts"

As far as I remember from the initial work on DCAT, a Dataset is considered to be a kind of blob. Nothing is said about what goes on 'inside' a Dataset. The only thing you see on the outside is the modification date but you don't know what has changed inside.
Makx

-----Original Message-----
From: Karen Coyle [mailto:kcoyle@kcoyle.net]
Sent: 21 June 2017 17:31
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
Subject: Question for DCAT "experts"

Many of you know DCAT quite well, and I'm new to it, so I'm taking the lazy way and directing this as a question to you.

I see in DCAT that there are properties that define frequency and update dates. The update date is

"Most recent date on which the dataset was changed, updated or modified."

The library world has a number of databases that are updated "in place".
For anyone receiving updates, the updates do not include the entire file, only those records added, changed, or deleted since some set time.

Is this covered by DCAT? If not, I will add a use case and we can discuss.

Thanks,