From: Karen Coyle [mailto:kcoyle@kcoyle.net]
Sent: Tuesday, 19 December, 2017 01:31
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
Subject: Re: Definitions page for Profiles

Andrea, in answer to #2, by the Dublin Core definition, DCAT itself would not be a profile because it originates classes and properties. DC profiles reuse but do not create vocabulary elements. A DC profile is always based on vocabularies defined (preferably in a standard way) elsewhere.

That said, presumably you could create a DCAT profile that is exactly all of the classes and properties that are included in DCAT. If profiles include information such as cardinality, value pick lists, etc., then such a profile would provide information not included in the DCAT ontology.

kc