RE: Definitions page for Profiles

Dear Karen, dear Ruben,

Thanks for initiating this page.

A couple of comments / questions:

1. I think it may be worth including an explicit reference to the definition of "profile" from RFC 6906 ("The 'profile' Link Relation Type") [1]. @Ruben, if I'm not mistaken your definitions are partially based on it.

2. Looking at the wiki page, it is unclear whether DCAT itself (and any metadata schema, vocabulary, etc.) is considered or not a "profile".

Cheers,

Andrea

----
[1] https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6906

----
Andrea Perego, Ph.D.
Scientific / Technical Project Officer
European Commission DG JRC
Directorate B - Growth and Innovation
Unit B6 - Digital Economy
Via E. Fermi, 2749 - TP 262
21027 Ispra VA, Italy

https://ec.europa.eu/jrc/

----
The views expressed are purely those of the writer and may
not in any circumstances be regarded as stating an official
position of the European Commission.