Conneg definition was: Re: Start of profiles analysis page - 2nd reply

Annette, thanks for the reality check. And as Ruben says, the main aim
is to access data that matches one or more application profiles.

On 12/8/17 1:24 AM, Ruben Verborgh wrote:
> Hi Annette,
>
>> In my mind, the conneg bit that's needed is about adding the ability to negotiate not the profile itself but the distribution (of a dataset) that supports a preferred profile.

The only requirement seems to be:

6.8.3 Profile negotiation
Create a way to negotiate choice of profile between clients and servers

Perhaps that needs to be more specific so that it is clearly about
choosing data that is consistent with a given application profile.

kc