De : Alejandra Gonzalez-Beltran [mailto:alejandra.gonzalez.beltran@gmail.com]
Envoyé : jeudi 13 septembre 2018 20:30
À : Duffes Guillaume
Cc : public-dxwg-comments@w3.org; Joachim Wackerow; wlt@umn.edu; Jared Lyle; Cotton Franck; Kelly Chatain
Objet : Re: DCAT 1.1 Public Review - Insee / DDI Alliance

Hi Guillaume,

I am interleaving below the replies to your comments. Thanks again for looking at the revised version of DCAT and we welcome further comments.

>- Note 5 / Issue #98: The subtyping relationship between dctype:Dataset and dcat:Dataset has been removed. Although the subtype was indeed too >restrictive, should another relationship not be added to characterise the relationship between both and leave the user helpless?

We discussed this today and interpreted that some more clarification on the removal of the property is needed.

An issue has been created:
https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/350
and a Pull Request with the proposed clarification is available here:
https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/pull/351

Is there anything else you suggest we include in order to help the user w.r..t. to these relationships?

This was fixed, see https://w3c.github.io/dxwg/dcat/#profiles

>- Define guidelines how to create a DCAT description of a VOID or Data Cube dataset<https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/88>:
>    ** We agree with the fact that this "DCAT using QB" should be harmonised with VOID and clarified. It is crucial for the official statistics community to >use the proper semantics and relationship between these vocabularies.
>    ** In our mind, qb:DataStructureDefinition and qd:Slice are meant to express subsets (see also #161<https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/161>) like "startups in Italy". A similar use case is >provided in the RDF Data Cube Recommendation.

We added your comment to the issue

https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/88#issuecomment-420898806

as it is still under discussion.

>Comment from the DDI Alliance that clarifies the link between Disco and the future DDI4:
>- Disco is based on common content of DDI Lifecycle 3.2 and DDI 2.1 focused on the discovery of statistical (micro)datasets.. Disco was never formally >published by DDI.
>The new model-driven version of the standard, DDI 4, will be also expressed as an OWL ontology (in the works), and be a complete and in-depth overhaul. >In particular, it will encompass all kinds of data, not only statistical micro data. It takes over the features from Disco. A prototype release of DDI 4 will be >published in the middle of the year. It will include the UML model and related complete representations/bindings in XML Schema and OWL/RDF-S.

We added this comment into the issue 164 (https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/164#issuecomment-421101415), which requires further discussion.

Please, do let us know if you have further comments.

Many thanks,

Alejandra