From: Melanie Barlow [mailto:melanie.barlow@ands.org.au]
Sent: Wednesday, 15 August, 2018 12:36
To: public-dxwg-comments@w3.org
Subject: Re: Fwd: Feedback for https://w3c.github.io/dxwg/dcat/

Hi Simon,
1.       There is no requirement that any particular end-point (URL) may only provide one service type. Sub-classes of a common parent are not disjoint unless said so. The RDF open-world-assumption says that anything that isn't explicitly stated is undefined, so modelling is generally permissive rather than exclusive.

Ok, thank you for that confirmation.
2.       Catalog and CatalogRecord have not been changed compared with DCAT 2014, except that we now recognise that a Catalog is a kind of Dataset, composed of Dataset and DataService descriptions.

Ok, yes, that's the part that I am particularly interested in: considering it as a type of Dataset, and understanding the history behind the overlap of members between it and Resource.
3.       The topic of Related Datasets (and relationships between catalogued resources in general) is the topic of https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/81 which has not yet been resolved.

Thank you, I will take a look.

Melanie