From: Andrea Perego <andrea.perego@jrc.ec.europa.eu>
Date: 12 October 2016 at 12:24
Subject: Inconsistent naming of DUV
To: W3C DWBP WG - Comments <public-dwbp-comments@w3.org>

Dear DWBP WG,

I don't know if this issue has already been reported or discussed, but I
noticed that DUV is referred to inconsistently in both the DUV and the DQV
specifications (actually, I haven't checked the other DWBP specifications).

More precisely, although the "official" name of DUV is "dataset usage
Vocabulary", sometimes it is cited as "data usage vocabulary".

I take this opportunity also to raise a question on the choice behind the
official name of DUV - i.e., whether there's a reason for using "dataset
usage" instead of "data usage". Personally, I think that it may be
misleading, also because DQV = "*data* quality vocabulary". As far as I can
see, their scope is not different - they're both about *data*. So why call
them differently?

Thanks in advance

Andrea

--
Andrea Perego, Ph.D.
Scientific / Technical Project Officer

https://ec.europa.eu/jrc/

----
The views expressed are purely those of the writer and may
not in any circumstances be regarded as stating an official
position of the European Commission.

--
This message has been scanned by E.F.A. Project and is believed to be clean.

Riccardo Albertoni
Istituto per la Matematica Applicata e Tecnologie Informatiche "Enrico
Magenes"
Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche
via de Marini 6 - 16149 GENOVA - ITALIA
tel. +39-010-6475624 - fax +39-010-6475660
e-mail: Riccardo.Albertoni@ge.imati.cnr.it
Skype: callto://riccardoalbertoni/
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/riccardoalbertoni
www: *http://www.imati.cnr.it/ <http://www.imati.cnr.it/>*