Re: BP Evidence example

Hi Berna,

I've added a couple more reviews to the spreadsheet, from opposite ends
of the spectrum. One is an effort by one or two activists in an
off-shore island state (Guernsey) that is commendable in terms of what
it achieves given its origin; however, it doesn't score well (not
surprisingly). At the other end is datausa.io which is a highly
professional aggregate and visualisation site with serious funding. I
reviewed this one in particular as I thought it would be evidence for
things that are likely to be missing from simple portals, like
enrichment. Another one that comes to mind is http://opentrials.net/.
I'll look at that when I get time (unless someone beats me to it of
course).

The datausa.io site is not really a place where you'd go to get a
dataset. It's an 'infomediary' site but it does link back to the
original sources, most of which are US census datasets. So it scores
badly on things like metadata (I can't find any) but really well on the
API stuff.

HTH

Phil.

--