Re: Last partially resolved comment DWBP

I think it's okay. I was thinking it would be about fragments, but I
guess it makes sense to use full-URI identifiers as well.

Some edits to the how to test are needed, though. The first sentence is
not actually a sentence (it has no verb). I'm not sure what the
intention is, actually. Was the idea to check that certain things have
persistent identifiers? Or just to check that URIs are used for such
things? How do you test that an identifier is persistent? That would
seem to be what's needed for the test, but the current test isn't about
that.

-Annette

On 5/12/16 11:17 AM, Bernadette Farias Lóscio wrote:
> Hi Annette,
>
> I'd like to discuss with you the following comment about "Persistent
> URIs within datasets".
>
> "Much of the implementation section is about minting new URIs, which
> is the subject of the previous BP. It is off topic here. Everything
> from "If you can't find an existing set of identifiers that meet your
> needs, you'll need to create your own" down to the end of the example
> doesn't belong in a BP that is about using other people's identifiers. "
>
> We discussed this comment with Phil and he explained that the main
> idea of the BP is the use of Persistent URIs rather than the reuse of
> URI. This is the reason for explaining how to create persistent URIs
> in the implementation section. I agree that there is some intersection
> with the "Best Practice 10: Use persistent URIs as identifiers of
> datasets", but BP11 is about identifiers within datasets.
>
> Given this, I'd like to ask you if you agree with keeping the
> Implementation section of Best Practice 11: Use persistent URIs as
> identifiers within datasets the way that it is now or do
>
> Thanks a lot!
> Berna
>

> --
> Bernadette Farias Lóscio
> Centro de Informática
> Universidade Federal de Pernambuco - UFPE, Brazil

Annette Greiner
NERSC Data and Analytics Services
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory