Fwd: [Moderator Action] Re: Updates to the DUV model diagram...

For archive

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: [Moderator Action] Re: Updates to the DUV model diagram...
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2016 22:02:11 +0000
From: Silvio Peroni <silvio.peroni@unibo.it>
To: Eric Stephan <ericphb@gmail.com>, João Paulo Almeida
<jpalmeida@ieee.org>
CC: Public DWBP WG <public-dwbp-wg@w3.org>, Bernadette Farias Loscio
<bfl@cin.ufpe.br>, Purohit, Sumit <sumit.purohit@pnnl.gov>

Hi Eric, Joao, all

> Dr Peroni - Your guidance has been wonderful and I hope I incorporated all the corrections you previously mentioned.  I have a question regarding the stability of some of the vocabularies we are using.  Are any of these vocabularies still evolving (e.g. c4o)?

All the SPAR Ontologies (http://www.sparontologies.net
<http://www.sparontologies.net/>), including C4O, are pretty stable
right now. The only think that may happen in the future is that I can
extend them we now terms. In addition, C4O was one of the first
ontologies we have developed, since it concerns citation contexts

About the diagram: there are still few issues. Here my corrections:
- oa:hasMotivation from duv:UserFeedback to oa:Motivation should be
oa:motivatedBy;
- c4o:hasComment must be changed in c4o:hasContent;
- rdfs:literal should be rdfs:Literal.

In addition, I would suggest to change the organisation of fabio:Comment
in a similar way to the other classes, i.e., the property c4o:hasContent
should be placed on an arrow having fabio:Comment as starting point and
rdfs:Literal has ending point.

I suppose that only the diagram has been changed since the actual text
of the document is not align to it. Is it right?

Answering to Joao:

> Another namespace c4o is mentioned here… was it ever used before? It is not listed in the text.

Even other prefixes (e.g., biro) are not listed as well, but I think
this is due to the fact that the text has not been aligned to the
diagram yet. BTW, the prefixes for the ontologies I’ve introduced are:

biro: http://purl.org/spar/biro/ <http://purl.org/spar/biro/>
c4o: http://purl.org/spar/c4o/ <http://purl.org/spar/c4o/>
cito: http://purl.org/spar/cito/ <http://purl.org/spar/cito/>
fabio: http://purl.org/spar/fabio/ <http://purl.org/spar/fabio/>

> About comments in annotations. The open annotation vocab says: “Embedded bodies SHOULD be instances of cnt:ContentAsText and embed their content with cnt:chars. They SHOULD declare their media type with dc:format, and MAY indicate their language using dc:language and a RFC-3066 language tag. There is no OA class provided for "Body" as a body might be a target of a different annotation. However, there SHOULD be 1 or more content-based classes associated with the body resources of an Annotation, and the dctypes: vocabulary is recommended for this purpose, for instance dctypes:Text to declare textual content.”
>
> Are we deviating from this recommendation in OA by using fabio:Comment?

Thanks Joao for spotting this. The use of fabio:Comment is one of the
possibility I’ve proposed to Eric my past email, with the other
alternative I’ve suggested, introduced in the following link, which is
along the line of the description in the OA vocab:

http://www.sparontologies.net/ontologies/cito#cito_2
<http://www.sparontologies.net/ontologies/cito#cito_2>

As said, the use of fabio:Comment is just a possible way of modelling
that (where implicitly all the instance of fabio:Comment are seen as a
pure textual content of a comment). However, I’m fine with using the way
suggested by Joao, since it is actually what the OA spec suggest, i.e.:

:annotation a oa:Annotation;
     oa:motivatedBy oa:commenting ;
     oa:hasBody :comment ;
     oa:hasTarget :citation-act .

:comment a cnt:ContentAsText ;
     cnt:chars "I'm citing that paper because it
         initiated this whole new field of research." .

:citation-act a cito:CitationAct;
     cito:hasCitingEntity :paper-a ;
     cito:hasCitedEntity :paper-b .

What do you think?