Re: DQV, DAQ and Data Cube graphs

Hi Christophe,
You are right,  we don't need to keep the daq:QualityGraph as a rdfg:Graph,
but we still need a subclass of qb:DataSet as  range of the property
 qb:dataSet
to facilitate the visualisation of the data as RDF cube.

Considering that  daq:QualityGraph is defined in Daq and we cannot change
its definition,  your  proposal might be refined as

Proposal 4:   define  in DQV the new class dqv:QualityDataset which
replaces daq:QualityGraph,   is defined as   subclass of qb:DataSet, but it
is not a subclass of RDFg:Graph.

In this way,
 we  get rid of the inner rdfg:Graph, we don't change daq:QualityGraph that
can't be changed  and  we are  compatible with the RDFCube.
Does it work for you?

We still have the issue  of backward compatibility between DQV and DAQ. I
guess this issue might be solved by defining   daq:QualityGraph as
 subclass of  dqv:QualityDataset, we might discuss this with DAQ designers,
( @Jeremy, what do you think? Does it work?)

Concerning  dqv:QualityMetadata, the  outer RDFG:graph in the DQV schema,
it basically groups all the quality statements for a datasets in a graph,
so that  we can easily track the  provenance of quality statements;
as far as I remember, tracking the provenance of the quality statement is
one of the requirement on which we agree,  and I like that DQV is providing
an explicit guidance on it, but   by deleting the outer  graph, I think it
 gets lost.
 Before deleting the outer rdfg:graph,   I wonder if you/we  have an
alternative design pattern, not relying  on RDFG:Graph but  keeping track
of the "quality statement"  provenance.  Any proposal?

Otherwise, I would prefer to  keep the  outer RDFG:graph in the DQV schema
as it is.

Regards,
 Riccardo

On 2 September 2015 at 19:23, Riccardo Albertoni <
riccardo.albertoni@ge.imati.cnr.it> wrote:

> Hi Christophe,
> You are right,  we don't need to keep the daq:QualityGraph as a
> rdfg:Graph, but we still need a subclass of qb:DataSet as  range of the
> property  qb:dataSet
> to facilitate the visualisation of the data as RDF cube.
>

> Considering that  daq:QualityGraph is defined in Daq and we cannot change
> its definition,  your  proposal might be refined as
>
> Proposal 4:   define  in DQV the new class dqv:QualityDataset which
> replaces daq:QualityGraph,   is defined as   subclass of qb:DataSet, but it
> is not a subclass of RDFg:Graph.
>
> In this way,
>  we  get rid of the inner rdfg:Graph, we don't change daq:QualityGraph
> that can't be changed  and  we are  compatible with the RDFCube.
> Does it work for you?
>

> We still have the issue  of backward compatibility between DQV and DAQ. I
> guess this issue might be solved by defining   daq:QualityGraph as
>  subclass of  dqv:QualityDataset, we might discuss this with DAQ designers,
> ( @Jeremy, what do you think? Does it work?)
>
> Concerning  dqv:QualityMetadata, the  outer RDFG:graph in the DQV schema,
> it basically groups all the quality statements for a datasets in a graph,
> so that  we can easily track the  provenance of quality statements;
> as far as I remember, tracking the provenance of the quality statement is
> one of the requirement on which we agree,  and I like that DQV is providing
> an explicit guidance on it, but   by deleting the outer  graph, I think it
>  gets lost.
>  Before deleting the outer rdfg:graph,   I wonder if you/we  have an
> alternative design pattern, not relying  on RDFG:Graph but  keeping track
> of the "quality statement"  provenance.  Any proposal?
>
> Otherwise, I would prefer to  keep the  outer RDFG:graph in the DQV schema
> as it is.
>
> Regards,
>  Riccardo

Riccardo Albertoni
Istituto per la Matematica Applicata e Tecnologie Informatiche "Enrico
Magenes"
Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche
via de Marini 6 - 16149 GENOVA - ITALIA
tel. +39-010-6475624 - fax +39-010-6475660
e-mail: Riccardo.Albertoni@ge.imati.cnr.it
Skype: callto://riccardoalbertoni/
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/riccardoalbertoni
www: http://www.ge.imati.cnr.it/Albertoni