Re: dwbp-ACTION-161: Write bp on topic of what happens to identifiers after data resource is no longer online (e.g. through archiving). wg will then decide if this should be included in bp doc, and if it is, should it be separate bp or merged with ...

Yup. I think we should stress out that URIs are persistent even if data
sets are archived and then taken off-line. There should be strategies in
place to say things such as "the description associated to this identifier
is no longer available" or "this identifier is not used anymore", instead
of letting URIs just die with a 404.

Christophe

--
Onderzoeker
DANS, Anna van Saksenlaan 51, 2593 HW Den Haag

*Data Archiving and Networked Services (DANS/KNAW)*[image:
http://dans.knaw.nl] <http://dans.knaw.nl>

*e-Humanities Group (KNAW)*
[image: eHumanities] <http://www.ehumanities.nl/>

*World Wide Semantic Web community*