Re: Meaning of publishing Data on the Web

Hi everyone,

As others said I think this is something say in advance because it mainly
depends on final intention. For example we all know examples of very bad
usage of images for convening data (e.g. scanned tabular data). At the same
time, there are also several examples of good and proper usage of images,
video, audio, etc. as real data. Some have been presented already in this
thread, but there are others we all may know well such as Europeana or
Flickr (and many other similar photo sharing services), the Library of
Congress Archives, Jamendo in the case of audio, etc. etc.

In my opinion there are clear and recognised use cases where media contents
plays a clear data role.

Best,
 CI.

--