From: Phil Archer [mailto:phila@w3.org]
Sent: 19 September 2014 13:22
To: Lee, Deirdre
Cc: Bernadette Farias Lóscio
Subject: Re: W3C DWBP: Request to close Issue 13

On 18/09/2014 15:53, Lee, Deirdre wrote:

> Hi,

> In one of the recent Friday telcos and/or on the email list we have discussed the following issue that you raised about the DWBP Use Case & Requirement (UCR):

> ISSUE-13: Improve Use case "Documented Support and Release of Data"

> https://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/track/issues/13

> Can you confirm that this issue has been addressed in the updated

> version of the UCR doc, available here:

> http://htmlpreview.github.io/?https://github.com/w3c/dwbp/blob/gh-page

> s/usecasesv1.html

> If you agree, I will close the issue.

Yes and no. I think it's really about the difference between potential requirement and requirement. There is a requirement to include info about the update cycle in the metadata, which has now been lost. I think I've caused confusion and extra work where I didn't mean to.

There's a bit of blurred line between a challenge and a requirement.

Both of the challenges listed can be rephrased as requirements.

How about the challenges as:

Provide information about the management cycle of the data and who is responsible for it.

Requirements:

AccessUptodate

SLAAvailable

Plus...

updateCycle (the data update cycle should be included in the metadata)

contactPoint (contact information for the data provider should be included in the metadata)

WDYT?

Phil.

--

Phil Archer