From: Lee, Deirdre [mailto:Deirdre.Lee@deri.org]
Sent: 15 July 2014 15:13
To: 'DWBP WG'
Subject: Invitation for new use-cases - where are the gaps in the current UCR doc?

Hi,

Following the publication of the FPWD of the DWBP Use Cases & Requirements document [1] there has been a lot of interest/comments from non WG members. Many people are interested in contributing new use-cases (for example partners in the Share-PSI consortium), so I propose to send the invitation below to potential contributors [2].

The aim of collecting new use-cases it to strengthen, refine and build on our existing list of requirements. Therefore, it would be great if you give me feedback on what elements of the current UCR doc we need to improve on - what aspects of data-on-the-web are not yet addressed? What do we need to clarify further? Etc.  I can then highlight these points in the invitation email below.

This is especially important for editors of the group's deliverables or subsections of deliverables that need more input and guidance from specific use-cases.

Cheers,
Deirdre

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/dwbp-ucr/

[2]

Call for Use-Cases for the W3C Data on the Web Best Practices Working Group (DWBP)

The First Public Working Draft (FPWD) of the DWBP Use Cases & Requirements (UCR) document is available at http://www.w3.org/TR/dwbp-ucr/. The use-cases and requirements contained in the UCR document will form the basis for the following working-group deliverables:

*         Data on the Web Best Practices

*         Quality and Granularity Description Vocabulary

*         Data Usage Description Vocabulary

In order to ensure we have captured a wide range of cases of how Data on the Web is currently being published and used (including Open Data, restricted data, Linked Data, Big Data, government data, private-sector data, messy data, etc.), we invite you to review the current UCR document, propose modifications or enhancements to existing use-cases, or suggest new use-cases. The requirements that will feed the deliverables listed above will be based on one or more use-cases.

The template for a new use-case is as follows:

Contributor:

Overview:

Elements: (Each element described in more detail at https://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/wiki/Use_Cases#Use-Case_Elements)

Domains: