Re: Action-55 JSON-LD Context file etc.

Thanks Markus,

I need to focus on other things this week but I hope to get back to it
next week. And yes, all I did to create the draft DCAT context file was
to copy and edit your work on HYDRA.

Basic Qs:

- should W3C create LD-context files for vocabs and serve them via
conneg alongside Turtle, RDF/XML and HTML?

- if so, do we include the mappings for all the terms (i.e. all the
Dublin Core stuff in DCAT for example) or just the terms defined in that
namespace?

- if we should include the other namespace mappings then should that
context file be somewhere other than the namespace?

- and if you can show me how the heck to extend the context file to
include all the language variations I'm very pleased that DCAT includes,
that would be grand... ;-) (do I really have to define dataset_ar
@language ar etc.?? looks horrible!)

And we need the non-LD take on all this to prove that it's useful (I'm
sure it is but we need evidence).

Thanks

Phil.

On 16/07/2014 11:27, Markus Lanthaler wrote:
> Hi Phil,
>
> On 13 Jul 2014 at 22:25, Phil Archer wrote:
>> I still have more playing to do to really get to grips with how one
>> might use JSON-LD to describe a dataset in a catalog but I've made a
>> start by creating a rough context file for DCAT [1]. More to do but the
>> basics are there if others want to play. I have lots of questions to
>> which I don't know the answers...
>
> Just ask :-) I'm more than happy to help...
>
> [From your other mail below]
>>> I need to spend more time on this (and others are welcome to as well of
>>> course) but what I believe this this gives us is a way for people to
>>> use, say DCAT in JSON just using terms like
>>>
>>> title
>>> theme
>>> homepage
>>>
>>> without needing to know or care that all three of those come from
>>> different namespaces.
>>>
>>> I hope I've got that right (I'll check with the Hydra folks).
>
> Yep, that's right
>

> Cheers,
> Markus
>

> --
> Markus Lanthaler
> @markuslanthaler
>

>> [1] http://philarcher.org/dcat/dcat.jsonld
>>
>> On 11/07/2014 12:43, Phil Archer wrote:
>>> During yesterday's vocabs call, Eric S took an action to work with a
>>> member of the PNNL team to look at JSON-LD as a means of making our
>>> vocabs less Linked Data centric.
>>>
>>> It bothered me that I couldn't immediately jump in and take care of this
>>> so I've been doing some digging/self-teaching and ended up looking at
>>> the JSON-LD Context file [1] created by the Hydra CG [2]. That's a
>>> pretty good place to end up as the people behind that Community group
>>> include a lot of the JSON-LD authors.
>>>
>>> I need to spend more time on this (and others are welcome to as well of
>>> course) but what I believe this this gives us is a way for people to
>>> use, say DCAT in JSON just using terms like
>>>
>>> title
>>> theme

--

Phil Archer