From: Antoine Isaac [mailto:aisaac@few.vu.nl]
Sent: 22 August 2014 13:05
To: public-dwbp-wg@w3.org
Subject: Re: Does standardisation assume interoperability?

Hi,

I'm not sure that discussing too much interoperability will help us get a quick solution. In fact in what Deirdre put below, item (c) implies that (a) and (b) are not necessary (they're just 'standard-focused' rewriting of (c) )

I don't understand what Joao Paulo said. He proposed to get rid of the the *Standardized requirements but he suggests to add them back, in practice.

In the end I would just keep
R-MetadataStandardized, making the point that standard should address the model, documentation and interoperability (as it should, see the intro at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standardization)
R-MetadataMachineReadable, assuming this includes format concerns (which with the first requirement gives you standardized formats).

Best,

Antoine