Re: User defined information on the web

Of course from RDF work much can be reused and converted, for example vocabularies and data. Also later DS definitions should start with a version number of the standard. It is quite usual that there are new versions. Sometimes there can be significant changes. This possibility is an advantage. The concerned data are identified.

If you want more pages you may look at http://numericsearch.com/wwdomainspaces.pdf . We can start at the foundation ("Information describes a selection from a set of possibilities"). We can also make a very abbreviated argumentation:
- Digital information is represented by number sequences
- Users know best which information is interesting in their topic area, therefore they should get the possibility for standardized and efficient online definition of the number sequences.
- Of course the numbers need a unique identifier, the (short local substitute of the) URL of the definition is natural. These "data are linked" to their definition. ((If wished, also the data (numbers) can represent additional links.))

The arguments are simple and clear.

If this topic today this is too much, you need not decide at once. I recommend to think in detail about this, also about today's unnecessary complications like interoperability problems. Standardized online definitions of data have many advantages, also for search, reusage.

Wolfgang