Re: Comments (with use case)

+ POE WG

Thanks again for posting this, Hugh.

Now that I've actually read and thought about what you've said here, I
think DWBP covers the topic as far as it will. BP4 [1] simply stresses
the importance of including licence info. In the NYT example, yes,
different licence info applies to different subsets, but the high level
advice in the DWBP doc still obtains.

*However*

I think your use case is very pertinent to the Permissions and
Obligations Expression WG (hence adding the additional list). Their use
case doc includes the kind of thing you're after - I hope. See
http://w3c.github.io/poe/ucr/#POE.UC.06 and the following one (which is
from the news industry).

As ever, I imagine that this will all come down to identifiers, subsets
and, where relevant, named graphs, but the point about provenance and
licensing being closely linked is well made.

Cheers

Phil

[1] https://www.w3.org/TR/dwbp/#DataLicense

--