Re: About FaBiO and CiTO

Dr. Peroni,

Thank you so much for your kind response and very helpful guidance on the
use of SPAR ontologies.  Our citation model is very fluid at this point
where it is easy to make changes and I would prefer making changes based on
your recommendations prior to our request for comments in early January.

We did look at biro:BibliographicRecord at one point but weren't sure about
its use.  I'll look over this, if we find additional properties that are
not in the scope of biro:BibliographicRecord I am wondering if our
additional properties could serve as requests for additional properties
within BIRO?  If we did use this I'd have to ask our other co-editors about
the use of FaBIO:work.

It might interest you as well that we are looking at several non-semantic
vocabularies expressed in XML (
https://www.force11.org/sites/default/files/d7/project/882/citing-data-in-jats-2015-06.pdf)
and JSON (e.g. http://okfnlabs.org/bibjson/) and the BFO/IBO/IAO ontology
suite .  I'd like to attempt map citation classes from the SPAR
vocabularies to these within the scope of DUV to get buy-in about our
approach in other metadata communities.  If you are aware of any work like
this and can let us know, please let me know.

Many thanks again,

Eric Stephan
DUV co-editor