From: Siegman, Tzviya - Hoboken [mailto:tsiegman@wiley.com]
Sent: October 27, 2016 1:17 PM
To: jcraig@apple.com; Joanmarie Diggs <jdiggs@igalia.com>
Cc: Rich Schwerdtfeger <richschwer@gmail.com>; Alexander Surkov
<asurkov@mozilla.com>; Bogdan Brinza <bbrinza@microsoft.com>; DPUB-ARIA
(public-dpub-aria@w3.org) <public-dpub-aria@w3.org>
Subject: RE: doc-pullquote

The reason we have suggested that pullquotes be hidden in some way is that
they duplicate content.

James, based on discussions with users of AT, we concluded that most will
find pullquotes irritating and/or confusing because they duplicate existing
content. So, they might provide emphasis, but we'd like the default for AT
to be not displayed. How can we make that work?

Tzviya Siegman
Information Standards Lead
Wiley
201-748-6884