Re: [dpub-aria] 20160114 meeting cancelled

That is unfortunate. I understand that the DPUB people want to go back to
@rel for the special links currently specified in dpub-aria.

Keep in mind this will require:

   New Accessibility API mappings for @rel in HTML 5 that do not exist
   today. Currently @rel is not mapped.
   Adding @rel to SVG
   Dealing with the problem that @rel references a my words (a cesspool) of
   meta data semantics that any mapping to platform accessibility APIs
   would need to sift through.
   Figuring out how to fund AT Vendors to support the new accessibility api
   mappings across platform.

I currently don't support this approach but I am not going to fight it
either. I agree that it does not make sense to create multiple roles for
each type of link. This is reflected in the current specifications.

Rich

Rich Schwerdtfeger