Re: Media Queries & Details/Summary for extended descriptions

Ivan:

Ivan Herman writes:
> Sigh. This stuff has a great potential, it would be a pity to let it go. It actually touches on a different area that the DPUB community also feels strongly about, namely the fact that in all ebook reader apps it is possible to change the font, the background colour, etc, of the display, whereas in browsers these facilities practically never exists. "Personalization", as we refer to it in our interest group.
>
> But I agree with you that this goes beyond WAI. I am not sure where to do it; it may have to be a separate Working Group but probably in a different domain.

And, meanwhile we have the short term Dpub need that is specific to
a11y.

> I did not pay attention on the discussion around the dissolution of the IndieUI WG. Were there discussions about another domain picking up the work? Or was it simply put to sleep without further action?

The personalization module from IndieUI was assigned to the new ARIA WG,
with the understanding that ARIA would work closely with CSS on it.

Janina

--

Janina Sajka,	Phone:	+1.443.300.2200
			sip:janina@asterisk.rednote.net