Re: FW: DPUB AAM

Hi Tzviya,

Do you want to have a table of contents appear like the navigation section
of a web page to an assistive technology. If you will have only one
navigation section in a book that is fine. However, if have more than one
and need to distinguish them then you need to either provide a label (that
requires translating), or you have to define a different role mapping in
which case you would subclass navigation and create a new role to be
mapped. In this scenario you could expose a role of "navigation" with an
ARIA but also provide a string role. ... something along the lines of the
following:

                MSAA + UIA Express Role                 Expose as text string in AriaRole

 MSAA + IAccessible2 Role + Other IAccessible2 Features IAccessible2: Object attribute xml-roles:toc

           UIA Control Type + Other Features            Expose as text string in AriaRole

                    ATK/AT-SPI Role                     ROLE_LANDMARK and object attribute xml-roles:toc

                     AXAPI[Note 1]                      AXRole: AXGroup
                                                        AXSubrole: AXLandmarkNavigation
                                                        AXRoleDescription: 'TableofContents'

Regarding subclassing abstract roles, you have the role "chapter" subclass
landmark in the aria-dpub spec. but you expose the the role as "chapter"
similar to above. I would also recommend that you require aria-posinset and
aria-setsize as properties of "chapter".

Does that make sense?

Rich

Rich Schwerdtfeger