From: Ivan Herman [mailto:ivan@w3.org]
Sent: Sunday, February 12, 2017 8:50 AM
To: deborah.kaplan@suberic.net
Cc: public-dpub-accessibility@w3.org
Subject: Re: draft text for charter

Deborah,

thanks for taking the first shoot at this!

not reacting to the content just the form: please consider to be as terse as
possible. The charter should not be too long and should be balanced among
the various requirements. At first glance what you write may simply be too
long.

In particular, the charter should not include operative issues like the
creation of sub-groups. This is an organizational matter, and it is up to
tge WG how, operationally, it should achieve its chartered goals...

Thanks

Ivan

---
Ivan Herman
Tel:+31 641044153
http://www.ivan-herman.net

(Written on mobile, sorry for brevity and misspellings...)

> On 9 Feb 2017, at 18:29, deborah.kaplan@suberic.net wrote:
>
> all right, have at it, folks. Edit away.
>

> The Digital Publishing Working Group will include an Accessibility
subgroup [task force?] responsible for guaranteeing that accessibility
considerations are incorporated into all of the Working Group's
deliverables. All recommendation-track deliverables will contain normative
accessibility requirements. General W3C accessibility requirements such as
WCAG will be integrated as a matter of course; any extended requirements
will delineated as conformance requirements in the Digital Publishing
Working Group's normative specifications.

> The Digital Publishing Working Group will have prearranged pipelines with
all appropriate W3C groups (delineated below in the "Coordination" section)
in order to create a pipeline from the accessibility requirements created as
part of our recommendation-track deliverables into the appropriate
recommendations for more generalized technology, whether into the
generalized recommendation, or into a subset recommendation such as a
WAI-ARIA module.