From: Charles LaPierre
Sent: Tuesday, February 7, 2017 02:43
To: public-dpub-accessibility@w3.org
Subject: [DPUB][A11Y] New Meeting Feb 9th

Hello everyone,
In todays DPUB call we were asked that our accessibility Task Force write up a paragraph or two for the proposed DPUB Working Group’s Charter and report back to the DPUB what we propose to add to the charter to ensure that accessibility concerns of digital publishing into the new Working Group’s Charter.  Debora, Avneesh and I mentioned in the DPUB call our Accessibility Note we published last year as well as citing the IDPF’s Accessibility 1.0 Conformance and Discovery Specification.  We will need to look at these and come up with what we want to add to the charter.

Here is some links that we will be discussing.
Digital Publishing Working Group Charter (Draft)
Digital Publishing and Accessibility in W3CDocuments (W3C Interest Group Note 03 May 2016)
EPUB Accessibility 1.0 Conformance and Discovery Requirements for EPUB Publications (Recommended Specification 5 January 2017)

It would be great if you all could make this one time  accessibility DPUB Task Force call, to be held Thursday February 9 at 16:00 UTC [1]. See below for the Call-in info [2], and IRC channel [3].

Looking forward to seeing you all in order to help shape the future of Digital Publishing within the W3C’s newest working group.

Regards Deborah and Charles

[1] Meeting Time Thursday February 9 at 8AM PDT / 11AM EDT / 16:00 UTC
 http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=A11Y+DPUB&iso=20170209T16

[2] https://mit.webex.com/mit/j.php?MTID=m3dba136314f587ed9164d103040c37b4
Meeting number: 642 567 899
Dial in: +1-617-324-0000
Password: (Ask Charles, or Deborah)

[3] DPUB IRC Channel
irc.w3.org
#DPUB

Thanks
EOM

Charles LaPierre
Technical Lead, DIAGRAM and Born Accessible
E-mail: charlesl@benetech.org
Twitter: @CLaPierreA11Y
Skype: charles_lapierre
Phone: 650-600-3301