RE: A11Y DPUB skipable structures and escapeable

http://www.daisy.org/z3986/specifications/d202skiprec/d202_skippability_rec.
html

From: Charles LaPierre [mailto:charlesl@benetech.org]
Sent: Thursday, April 23, 2015 10:46 AM
To: public-dpub-accessibility@w3.org
Subject: A11Y DPUB meeting tomorrow

Hello DPUB Accessibility Team!
After a week hiatus we are all set to get back into the thick of it.

Friday 8AM PDT / 11AM EDT / 15:00 UTC
The Zakim bridge number is  <tel://+1.617.761.6200> +1.617.761.6200.
the code conference is 3782 ("DPUB"), followed by the # key.
IM channel is as always is #dpub on the irc.w3c.org network

Here is the agenda
Finish up the remaining techniques reported from WCAG 2.0 that were marked
either as Not applicable for Digital Publishing or there were questions on
whether or not it was relevant.

Here are the specific issues we will be looking over
WCAG A11Y DPUB Server-Side Scripting Techniques

SVR1: Implementing automatic redirects on the server side instead of on the
client side

SVR2: Using .htaccess to ensure that the only way to access non-conforming
content is from conforming content

SVR3: Using HTTP referer to ensure that the only way to access
non-conforming content is from conforming content

SVR4: Allowing users to provide preferences for the display of conforming
alternate versions

SVR5: Specifying the default language in the HTTP header

WCAG A11Y DPUB Silverlight Techniques
-all of them are not relevant due to EOF (End of Life) (do we all agree with
this?)

That wraps up the WCAG Techniques, and then we need to now flip this on its
head and attach it from the other angle which is what is missing from WCAG
that DPUB requires.

Here is what we have though of so far
A11Y DPUB Techniques

Page Numbers (mapped to a printed page?)

Drop Cap

Notes (Footnotes, Asides, Author Notes, etc.)

positional location of text to indicate different speakers,

phonetic spellings of proper nouns (maybe indi work in w3c?)

how does layout improve comprehension?

Lets brainstorm and see if there are others and if these above are relevant.

Thanks.

Charles LaPierre
charlesl@benetech.org