Fwd: Draft XG Charter

Hi Chamindra

> BTW I think it will be easier to agree on interop standards as we should
> have no issues picking one ontology (and we will have to) as we are
> working at a machine to machine level and thus do not have to worry
> about being sensitive of terminology.

I am not sure I understand you there. The ontologies that exist in
this domain, that I know of, are proprietary, and have developed
without a public consultation. From what I know
they are not suitable for our purpose, as they, by definition, lack
the qualities necessary to underpin interoperability and our overall
mission statement.

So i dont understand
a) what ontologies are you referring to (please list urls)
b) what do you mean by 'pick one'

Please elaborate -

Regardin the distinction, I am not sure that is  totally sound either
- ambulance, firemen, and the lot are all deployed in an emergency of
any scale, so I think while a distinction in principle is useful  for
'categorization' purposes, the interop standard should aim to bridge
any gaps in communication between different 'levels of response' as we
hope that our work will help them 'act as one' in case of emergency.
But maybe we should discuss this further?

Cheers

Paola Di Maio