RE: [Digital Offers][Use Cases] thoughts 2017-02-27

From: David Ezell
Sent: Monday, February 27, 2017 10:42 AM
To: public-digitaloffers@w3.org
Subject: [Digital Offers][Use Cases] thoughts 2017-02-27

Hi All:
Here are a few thoughts in advance of our telcon today at noon eastern time (US).  Referring to our wiki document:
https://www.w3.org/community/digitaloffers/wiki/Discussion_Topics

1)      There are a few of "click through" use cases.  These use cases are more like traditional web marketing, in that they provide an offer >in context< of visiting a web page, and not involving any portion of the payment cycle.  I think we should examine these carefully. (4.2.4, 4.2.5).

2)      A couple of use cases indicate program "sign-up" through SMS.  I think we need to extend these a bit so that they link in, and be careful where we put them (4.2.6, 4.2.7).

3)      "Age Restriction" (4.3.1) is not defined.

4)      4.3.2 and 4.3.3 deal with "copiable" and "non-copiable" offers.  We should probably spend some time to indicate how something might be made copiable, and also how something might be made "non-copiable".

5)      "Tracking coupons after offline acceptance" (4.6.6) should be fleshed out to indicate how it actually needs to link to any processing.

6)      4.6.7 and 4.6.8 are essentially ID check in a brick-and-mortar scenario.  Today we normally expect that store personnel check the ID (possibly with the aid of POS software).  We need to examine how these link to our problem space.  Specifically, how did the customer get the coupon in the first place, could it have been prevented, and what is the risk exposure for the merchant/offer provider?

HTH.  Looking forward to talking to all of you at noon.
Best regards,
David