W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-digital-verification@w3.org > June 2017

[AGENDA] W3C Credentials Community Call - 13 June 2017 12pm ET

From: Christopher Allen <ChristopherA@blockstream.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2017 19:04:19 -0700
Message-ID: <CA+HTxFeU--R_pZRUZf_hhYodbmU6zVBnEwaft8Z1Vg5ht1940Q@mail.gmail.com>
To: "W3C Credentials CG (Public List)" <public-credentials@w3.org>, "W3C Digital Verification CG (Public List)" <public-digital-verification@w3.org>
*WE ARE REFORMING THESE W3C COMMUNITY GROUPS — WE NEED YOUR INPUT! PLEASE
FORWARD THIS EMAIL TO ALL THAT SHOULD BE INVOLVED!*

*OVERVIEW:* With the successful formation of the W3C Verified Claims
Working Group, the W3C Credentials Community group is in the process to
revise our mission statement and assess what projects we should be working
on in the coming year(s). We are in pivotal point in the our efforts to
deploy these new technologies, moving from prototypes toward real
applications, and our community needs your input. Please reach out to
others that you think should be involved and ask them to join our calls.
You do not need to be a W3C member to participate — just an interest in
seeing decentralized identity become a reality!

   - *Possible NEW Work Items: *https://goo.gl/NwJc3Z


   - *Priorities Poll on Work Items:* https://goo.gl/e12TNY


   - *Renaming Community:* https://goo.gl/6jpvoy
      - Current leader “Self-Sovereign Technology Community Group”


   - *Minutes from other calls about updating our community mission:*
      - http://w3c.github.io/vctf/meetings/2017-05-16/
      - http://w3c.github.io/vctf/meetings/2017-05-23/
      - http://w3c.github.io/vctf/meetings/2017-05-30/
      - *http://w3c.github.io/vctf/meetings/2017-06-06/
      <http://w3c.github.io/vctf/meetings/2017-06-06/>*

*NEXT MEETING: *

Tuesday, June 13th, 2017
Time: 12pm Boston, 9am Pacific, 16:00 GMT
Text Chat: http://tinyurl.com/w3c-vctf
           irc://irc.w3.org:6665/#vctf
Voice: sip:vctf@96.89.14.196
       tel:+1-540-961-4469;ext=6306 <(540)%20961-4469> (extension 6306)
Duration: 60 minutes
Scribes: RichardV, NathanG, MatthewL, NateO, Drummond, DanB, JonnyCrunch,
AdamM, AdamL, JoeA, GreggK, KimHD, HarlanW, MattS, ChristopherA, Longley,
Manu

This is a joint meeting of the Credentials and Digital Verification
Community Groups. It is held immediately after the Verifiable Claims WG
call. Anyone may participate in these community group calls — you do not
need to be a W3C member.

Minutes from last week’s call: *http://w3c.github.io/vctf/meetings/2017-06-06/
<http://w3c.github.io/vctf/meetings/2017-06-06/>*

*PROPOSED AGENDA: *

1. Agenda review [3 minutes]

2. Introductions & Re-Introduction (4 minutes)
Re-Introduction is a new regular agenda item, where each week we ask a
longer-term member to re-introduce themselves to more recent members. This
week will feature David I. Lehn. (If not available, the next in the list
will be contacted.)

3. Status of current action items (3 minutes)
   - Manu: get new chairs privileges on the W3C site and remove old chairs
- PAST DUE [IN-PROGRESS]
   - ALL: Poll for priorities on work items, ~3 weeks snapshot poll results
for prioritization - [IN PROGRESS] https://goo.gl/NwJc3Z
  - ALL: Naming goals, constraints, pitfalls first draft [IN-PROGRESS]
https://goo.gl/6jpvoy
  - ALL: Approve New Name and Mission Statement - DUE JUNE 27th
https://goo.gl/6jpvoy
  - ChristopherA: First draft of CG Mission Statement for review - ON HOLD
Re: NAME & MISSION https://goo.gl/sNs2vl
  - ChristopherA: Create a new proposal for how Digital Verification CG
integrates - ON HOLD re: NAME & MISSION

4. Current poll results (3 minutes)

5. CG Name & Integration of Digital Verification CG (5 minutes)
  - Highlights:
   - Self-Sovereign Technology Community Group is leading contender, with
some objections
- Still no strong objections to integrating both CGs into one but we'll
defer discussion until there is more cryptographer feedback
  - Additional Discussion: Will call out a couple of attendees for current
thoughts based on mailing list discussion

6. Review Two Suggested Work Items for Credentials CG (40 minutes)
  - Goal is to ask two Champions to share suggested work items each week
for review:
 https://goo.gl/NwJc3Z
  - Who are the champions, what is the work item about, why is it
important, current status?
  - This week (if any are unavailable, other champions in the queue will be
contacted):
    - RDF dataset canonicalization: Dave Longley
    - Privacy & Security Requirements for Credentials Ecosystem: David
Chadwick

7. Action items and suggestions for next week agenda  (5 minutes)

— Christopher Allen & Kim Hamilton, co-chairs
Received on Saturday, 10 June 2017 02:05:24 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Saturday, 10 June 2017 02:05:25 UTC