W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-digital-verification@w3.org > June 2017

[AGENDA] W3C Credentials Community Call - 6 June 2017 12pm ET

From: Kim Hamilton Duffy <kim@learningmachine.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2017 23:38:45 +0000
Message-ID: <CAB=TY85Jqp-qz=P_XEN8AejnkmDgHUsKFQS=VmS1T9szdNi3=g@mail.gmail.com>
To: "W3C Credentials CG (Public List)" <public-credentials@w3.org>, "W3C Digital Verification CG (Public List)" <public-digital-verification@w3.org>
Tuesday, June 6th, 2017
Time: 12pm Boston, 9am Pacific, 16:00 GMT
Text Chat: http://tinyurl.com/w3c-vctf
           irc://irc.w3.org:6665/#vctf
Voice: sip:vctf@96.89.14.196
       tel:+1-540-961-4469;ext=6306 (extension 6306)
Duration: 60 minutes
Scribes: RichardV, NathanG, MatthewL, NateO, Drummond, DanB, JonnyCrunch,
AdamM, AdamL, JoeA, GreggK, KimHD, HarlanW, MattS, ChristopherA, Manu,
Longley

This is a joint meeting of the Credentials and Digital Verification
Community Groups. It is held immediately after the Verifiable Claims WG
call.

Minutes from last week’s call:
http://w3c.github.io/vctf/meetings/2017-05-30/

Proposed Agenda:

1. Agenda review [3 minutes]

2. Introductions & Re-Introduction (4 minutes)
Re-Introduction is a new regular agenda item, where each week we ask a
longer-term member to re-introduce themselves to more recent members. This
week will feature Sean Bohan. (If not available, the next in the list will
be contacted.)

3. Status of current action items (3 minutes)
  - Kim: Poll for priorities on work items, ~3 weeks snapshot poll results
for prioritization - [IN PROGRESS]
  - Kim: Naming goals, constraints, pitfalls first draft [DONE]
    -
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1H5tO0IRawIHzVnRP2sTbdBA-PUkWgSdcydx2ru2fPHg/edit?usp=sharing
  - Manu: get new chairs privileges on the W3C site and remove old chairs
  - ChristopherA: First draft of CG Mission Statement for review - DUE JUNE
13th [ON HOLD Re: NAME & MISSION]
    -
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kxm6yGnGAVgNTLMYft_cz2zW3c1AE8uSCy4i5A6OhG8/edit?usp=sharing
  - ChristopherA: Create a new proposal for how Digital Verification CG
integrates DUE JUNE 13th [ON HOLD re: NAME & MISSION]
  - ALL: Approve New Name and Mission Statement - DUE JUNE 27th

4. Current poll results (5 minutes)

5. CG Name & Integration of Digital Verification CG (5 minutes)
  - Highlights:
  - Self-Sovereign Technology Community Group is leading contender, with
some objections
- Still no strong objections to integrating both CGs into one but we'll
defer discussion until there is more cryptographer feedback
  - Additional Discussion: Will call out a couple of attendees for current
thoughts based on mailing list discussion

6. Review 3 Suggested Work Items for Credentials CG (35 minutes)
  - Goal is to ask 3 Champions to share suggested work items each week for
review:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1W0r6TOaJXGcDP4qOzOIEfSymub4nRSLrBmtBqyDf06I/edit#
  - Who are the champions, what is the work item about, why is it
important, current status?
  - This week (if any are unavailable, other champions in the queue will be
contacted):
    - Decentralized Identifiers: Drummond Reed
    - RDF dataset canonicalization: Manu Sporny
    - Privacy & Security Requirements for Credentials Ecosystem: David
Chadwick

7. Action items and suggestions for next week agenda  (5 minutes)

— Christopher Allen & Kim Hamilton, co-chairs
-- 
Kim Hamilton Duffy
Principal Engineer | Learning Machine + MIT Media Lab
400 Main Street Building E19-732, Cambridge, MA 02139
12001 N. Central Expy, Suite 1025, Dallas, TX 75243

kim@learningmachine.com | kimhd@mit.edu
425-652-0150 | LearningMachine.com
Received on Friday, 2 June 2017 23:39:31 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Friday, 2 June 2017 23:39:32 UTC