Re: "Responsive Ebook Design"

Ivan - the OWP is not tied to the W3C.  There are MANY technologies that
are standardized by other organizations that are part of the OWP.  Just
looking at the OWP wiki at the W3C
(<http://www.w3.org/wiki/Open_Web_Platform>), I see three - ECMAScript
(ECMA), HTTP (IETF) and URI (IETF).

And then there are various other standards referenced from the HTML or SVG
specifications that come from elsewhere such as ICC Profiles, OpenType and
JPEG which are all ISO standards.

To quote the first line of that wiki:
The Open Web Platform is the collection of open (royalty-free)
technologies which enables the Web. Using the Open Web Platform, everyone
has the right to implement a software component of the Web without
requiring any approvals or waiving license fees.

Doesn’t matter where they come from as long as they meet that goal.

Leonard