Re: Prioritisation

Deborah,

If the discussion assumes PAGE is a high-level concept - then you are
correct, but I believe - and how I framed my notes (and may have failed) is
that a PAGE is actually just a media-query - it's a defined set of display
styles that are applied to structured content based on the form in which it
is being displayed.

Under that assumption - then it is completely relevant to CSS.  The
"printed page" is then just a media-query abstraction.  What becomes the
relevant CSS question is: What abstractions are needed for the structured
content?

What interactions and states are needed?  what regions are "static"
(header/footer) vs non-static.  Obviously a reading system could take
advantage of "position: absolute/fixed;" for a header/footer element, but
how would that interact with scrolled or flipped chunked content?  regions?
etc.

I think this is all EXTREMELY relevant to CSS because the page is a visual
representation.  Unless I'm mistaken, CSS is the visual representation of
the structured HTML content, no?

-Nick

--
- Nick Ruffilo