Re: Prioritisation

Bill, as with various times in this thread, I completely agree with you concerning references into content.

However, I think there is a part of this that is being overlooked and is quite important.  Author-forced page breaks due to (usually but not always) changes in some semantic element.  In a book, this would be chapter breaks (so a new chapter starts at the top of a new page), but in a magazine it could be an article, or before tables in a scientific paper or …   Fortunately, there is work being done in this area in CSS.  Unfortunately, there is zero support amongst the various UA’s to support it.

Leonard