Re: Tibetan layout rules & A

Hello Richards,

Thanks a lot for the insightful document on Tibetan.

We are resubmitting the Indic Languages requirements in the Digi-pub Interest Group , we think , the issue may also be taken up in the Indic Layout Taskforce. The Indic Layout task force specifically deals with the text and character breaking rules for CSS 2.1 and CSS 3.0. The issue also needs to taken up at the Unicode level for consideration , so that UTR may be published.

Also we need to request Digi-pub Interest Group to form a task force which can look into the matter of the layout requirements of non-latin complex scripts like Indic Scripts.

The draft report for e-pub requirements in Indian Languages is available at http://www.w3cindia.in/E-pub-draft/draft-Indic-epub.html.

Looking forward for your kind feedback for further steps.

With best regards,
Somnath

--

Dr. Somnath Chandra