Re: Thoughts/re-write on 2.2.2 Canonical Locators Mapping in user agents

Here are my original comments.  For the locators section :
http://w3c.github.io/dpub-pwp/#locator-pwp-func

Unless I'm misunderstanding this section, the goal of a locator is to be
able to point to a specific resource, and optionally to a specific point
within that resource.  I believe this can all be done very simply without
mentioning state, or at least without requiring that anything different
happen.

I honestly think we can boil the whole section down by saying:

"Every resource within a PWP should be accessible given that that root of
the PWP is its current location or state.  For example, the image
'/images/cover.png' in a PWP located at http://example.org/mypwp would be
accessible at http://example.org/mypwp/images/cover.png and a PWP that is
packaged and on a file system should be accessible via
mypwp.pwp/images/cover.png.

Locators pointing to content within a resource would be appended as they
are today using # or ? after the file name and whatever location method."

Am I missing something?  Is there a use case that this does not cover?

-Nick

--
- Nick Ruffilo
@NickRuffilo