Re: Just for the fun of it: one ebook containing all web annotation specifications

That is an artifact of the W3C Spec formats and my tool to produce EPUB.

My tool does not really do too much with the content of the document; it copies into the EPUB instance with some transformation on the way (turning it into XHTML, retrieving local references to create the package file, etc). If it finds a <script> tag referring to javascript, it sets the right extra attribute for the entry in the package file.

So the origin is that the W3C recommendations, these days, do include reference to small script, which is the management of the new style table of contents. (Do not ask me what it does, though, I have never looked at the details.) Hence the effect we see.

All that being said: it would be *possible* for my script to filter out that particular script element. (after all, it has a reference to a specific script) because it already sets the style sheets in such a way that the TOC in the left is not visible in the EPUB (trusting the overall EPUB TOC to take over the functionality.) I must admit I never considered doing that. If you guys feel it would greatly improve things, I could look into this… But it is not to be excluded that in future revisions of the W3C standard spec formats scripts would be used for other purposes, too...

Ivan