Re: For the discussion on the PWP

From: Hadrien Gardeur <hadrien.gardeur@feedbooks.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2016 17:27:12 +0100
To: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Cc: W3C Digital Publishing IG <public-digipub-ig@w3.org>, Ric Wright <rkwright@geofx.com>, Laurent Le Meur <laurent.lemeur@edrlab.org>
Thank you Ivan for these additional info.

But the complication you describe for the packaged state is still around if
> we let things be modified, and we may want to simplify and, therefore,
> forget about some of the issues. After all, we may be stepping on the area
> of FRBR, on what the URI of the 'work' is, etc. So we may decide to give up
> on that level of complication; I do not have a clear opinion at this moment
> I must admit.

I think that we need to know exactly what the use cases will end up being,
for example:

   - do we want canonical references for locators, no matter if
   online/offline or packaged/unpackaged?
   - can you update a specific resource in a package or do you have to
   update the whole publication/package?
   - when you create a packaged version of a WP, are you allowed to rewrite
   all links pointing to resources from the publication?

I know that there are already a number of use cases in the current
document, but it's worth exploring which ones are worth keeping and which
ones are missing.

Hadrien