Re: Notes about the Web App manifest document

Hi W3C Digital Publishing IG:

I saw the was discussion yesterday about single file offline HTML - like 5DOC vs the common multi-file approach similar to a web site or eBook.

Right now only a single file PWP works and I ask - apart from non-core reasons - what is the benefit of multi-file container for the offline document?
The purpose of the offline document is to store, read and share it.
A single html file is very easy to store, read and share.
It might be confusing to look inside, but that is not the core purpose.

Once the single file approach is abandoned, PWP is headed for complexity and delay.
The discussion about manifests is just one small part of a projected todo list.

The 5DOC production process takes content and code from many locations, but the samples show the process to combine resources into one file and download takes just a few seconds. And for long texts the download object could be pre-compiled.

Cheers
Mike