Re: [dpub-arch] Digital Preservation Handbook

And the US National Archives has theirs at http://www.archives.gov/digitization/strategy.html

From: Heather Flanagan <rse@rfc-editor.org<mailto:rse@rfc-editor.org>>
Date: Thursday, March 3, 2016 at 12:41 PM
To: "public-digipub-ig@w3.org<mailto:public-digipub-ig@w3.org>" <public-digipub-ig@w3.org<mailto:public-digipub-ig@w3.org>>
Subject: [dpub-arch] Digital Preservation Handbook

Hello all,

There is a group based in the UK that has a very useful handbook, currently undergoing revision but still useful.

http://www.dpconline.org/advice/preservationhandbook

From their Introduction:

" This Handbook aims to identify good practice in creating, managing and preserving digital materials and also to provide a range of practical tools to help with that process. Although there are still challenges, we can point to many examples of good practice and suggest ways in which institutions can begin to address digital preservation. By providing a strategic overview of the key issues, discussion and guidance on strategies and activities, and pointers to key projects and reports, the Handbook aims to provide guidance for institutions and individuals and a range of tools to help them identify and take appropriate actions."

I think that touches on a number of the same goals we have for the archiving TF. I am still reading through it to see what, if anything, we might point to as we talk about the PWP.

-Heather