Re: Proposal: PDF alternative using HTML (ZIP/GZIP)

On 26 Jan 2016, at 20:19, Nick Ruffilo <nickruffilo@gmail.com> wrote:

> Worth noting - as I understand PWP - we are not forcing anyone to USE external links for files.  So, if an organization wanted to say: "for all our PWPs, we must include all resources" they could 100% do that and everything would work just fine.

Hi Nick,

I completely agree that it would be possible for someone to say that they don't use external resources, and they could also say that they won't change the contents.

But when it comes to legal documents, the person receiving it needs to know that the file format isn't built with updating as a primary feature (or even be possible).

Or in other words, if a legal document came into question, there are at least 2 people with their own private copies, neither of which can be updated without their owners knowledge.

I think Leonard agrees that PDF is a better alternative to PWP for this particular case... I just think we can make a simple file format that is better than PDF, using better Open Web Technology (where I wonder if PWP is focusing more on the Open Web Platform).

Craig