Re: Wiki summary of q element default styling issues

On 21/04/2016 16:47, Asmus Freytag (c) wrote:
> think it is misleading to refer to the "reader" here. If I read (with
> locale settings set to English) a document that is all in German, I do
> not expect English quotation marks. However, I do expect that English
> text quoted in the document follow the document's convention and use
> German quotation marks.
>
> For web pages that contain multiple independent content blocks (such as
> a facebook page) I would expect the choice to depend on the language of
> the content block (that is, individual posts should not be treated as if
> they were nested quotes, but as if they were individual documents).

ok.

i changed the text to:

"Opinions from people on the public-digipub and www-international
mailing lists point to a desire for quotation marks to remain in the
format appropriate to the language of the text which lies outside the
principal quotation, rather than to change according to the language of
the text inside the quotation. This also means that there is no
linguistically-sensitive change to quotation marks used for quotations
within quotations."

thanks,
ri