Re: Best citation format for accessibility

On 22/09/2015 17:25 , Bill Kasdorf wrote:
> Thanks. And do you see any inherent problem in this
> microdata/RDFa-in-schema.org approach conflicting in any way with
> ARIA? Is there any reason the same sort of semantics couldn't or
> shouldn't be captured both ways? This is not a rhetorical question.
> Your answer may be yes, there is a reason, and if so I'd like to know
> that!

I don't see a conflict in ARIA, in fact they could complement one
another nicely.

That said, I don't think that ARIA should become a universal semantics
layer. Capturing some important relatively high-level landmarks and
features in the way that the DPUB ARIA currently does makes (a lot of)
sense, disambiguating a page from a page range very likely isn't
(whereas it could be useful information for a machine).

Syntactically there is no conflict, so we ought to be fine.

--
• Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/ - @robinberjon
• http://science.ai/ — intelligent science publishing