Re: Best citation format for accessibility

From: Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2015 15:13:34 -0400
To: "Siegman, Tzviya - Hoboken" <tsiegman@wiley.com>, "public-digipub-ig@w3.org" <public-digipub-ig@w3.org>
On 22/09/2015 12:45 , Siegman, Tzviya - Hoboken wrote:
> So, JATS could be translated into HTML + RDFa? Now, we just need to
> convince NIH.

We're already doing that. Well, we're not starting from JATS but from
CrossRef; but I don't think the difference matters.

That's where my question is coming from. We have enough structured
information that we can rewire the layout based on semantics, but I'd
like to have an ideal, baseline, purely document-based ordering (and
punctuating) of the citation so that AT that doesn't take visual style
into account gets the best experience.

Once I have that I can have it turn into Vancouver, Harvard, etc. styles
on demand. I can even make it several shades of pastel with emoji
separators.

--
• Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/ - @robinberjon
• http://science.ai/ — intelligent science publishing