Re: [Glossary] Definition of a portable document (and other things...)

From: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2015 18:12:41 +0200
Cc: Leonard Rosenthol <lrosenth@adobe.com>, W3C Digital Publishing IG <public-digipub-ig@w3.org>, Bill McCoy <bmccoy@idpf.org>, Olaf Drümmer <olaf@druemmer.com>, Liam Quin <liam@w3.org>, Ralph Swick <swick@w3.org>, Tzviya Siegman <tsiegman@wiley.com>
To: Deborah Kaplan <dkaplan@safaribooksonline.com>
Hi Deb,

it seems that there is one tiny bit where our mind-melt did not work:-)

<snip>

> Actually, that document is not part of the work of this committee at all. We are giving input into it, because our input is welcome. But it is not a product of the digital publishing interest group.

The document was not part of this Interest Group. However, we are in the new era of the new charter[1] which includes a final version of this document as its deliverables (somewhere down the line, of course, not right away). In other words, starting from now, it is part of this group's work…

But that is just a tiny detail.

Cheers

Ivan

[1] http://www.w3.org/2015/09/digpubig <http://www.w3.org/2015/09/digpubig>